Please note the following changes in policy:
- Routine and urgent visits are available in-person, but telehealth consultations will remain an option for those who wish as well.
- The Optical Shop is open for glasses fittings, adjustments, and repairs by appointment only. A maximum of two patients at a time are permitted due to space limitations.
- If you have been called to pick up glasses, they may be dispensed in the Optical Shop or you can request to have them delivered curbside, please call (508) 681-7400 when you arrive to pick up.
- As per Community Health Center policy, a protective face covering must be worn at all times during your exam regardless of vaccination status until further notice.
If you have any questions about Optometry services, please call (508) 477-7090 ext. 1600. Thank you.
Complete Eye Care
Taking care of your eyes is an important component of your overall health.
Community Health Center offers a comprehensive Optometry Clinic that provides extensive vision services — from routine eye exams to advanced testing for vision-related diseases to providing affordable eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Although many eye conditions are preventable, many people do not get recommended vision screenings and exams. Regular visits with an eye care professional for a comprehensive dilated eye exam can help to detect common vision problems and eye diseases, including diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, cataract and age-related macular degeneration.
Uncorrected vision can lead to inability to drive, challenges in reading and playing sports, headaches and strained eyesight. Community Health Center offers affordable optometry services to help patients improve their eye health and avoid these challenges that come with vision problems. Optometry services are now available to the entire community, regardless of if you are a Community Health Center patient.
Vision services at Community Health Center:
- Routine eye exams
- Comprehensive vision testing
- Vision care for infants and children
- Contact lens fittings
- Screening for and treatment of eye disease
- Eye care for seniors
- Advanced testing:
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Optical Center: Prescriptions for affordable eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses. CHC patients can purchase eyeglasses by appointment.
Our Optometry Clinic accepts most vision and medical insurance plans, however at this time Steward is not accepted. Payment of deductibles, co-payments and non-covered services are required at the time services are provided. Be sure to check with your insurance carrier for details regarding covered services before making your appointment. We will assist you in obtaining insurance coverage, if you do not already have it. If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover eye care, we offer a sliding scale based on your income.
A dilation of your eyes involves the use of eye drops that enlarge your pupils to allow for a full examination of the inside and back of your eyes. The doctor will examine your optic nerve, retina, lens, and blood vessels, among other eye structures. When you make your eye appointment, you should ask whether your eyes will need to be dilated. If you are having a dilated eye exam:
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the exam or plan to take public transportation.
- Bring a pair of sunglasses. If you do not have sunglasses, a pair of disposable sunglasses will be given to you at the end of your visit.
- If you wear contact lenses, bring your eyeglasses and contact lens case.
You can also visit our telehealth page to learn more about tele-optometry options.
Optometry Office Hours:
Exams are by appointment only
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Optical Shop Hours:
Monday – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
To learn more about becoming a patient at Community Health Center, please click here.
Take care of your eyes
Taking care of your eyes is important to good overall health.
We provide full services, from routine exams to advanced diagnostic imaging.
A whole new look
You can find just the right look, at the right price, at our Optometry Clinic.