Compassionate Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Substance use can tear lives and families apart. Community Health Center of Cape Cod is here to help with a comprehensive, structured and safe outpatient treatment program.
The Health Center offers an office-based substance use disorder treatment program that serves people who need assistance with recovery from substance use in a compassionate environment.
We offer a medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD) program for substance use disorder using Suboxone or Vivitrol. This MOUD service is open to the public and all individuals can participate, even if they are not CHC of Cape Cod patients.
During weekly visits with a combination of certified physicians, registered nurses, behavioral health clinicians and support staff, we will assist you with your recovery, supporting you physically and emotionally.
Education for maintaining a healthier lifestyle is an important step on the road to recovery. We will provide you with the necessary tools to live a healthy drug-free and alcohol-free life.
Substance use disorder treatment services at Community Health Center of Cape Cod include:
- Access to a structured, safe and empowering environment
- Consultation to discuss and develop an integrated treatment plan which could be most helpful for you
- Comprehensive care that includes substance use services, behavioral health group sessions, and primary care follow-ups (Primary Care will be for CHC of Cape Cod patients only)
- Medication-assisted treatments that are closely monitored with weekly nurse visits
- Personalized pathways to recovery with the consistent guidance of the substance use specialty team
The expanded Health Center substance use disorder treatment services also include:
- Structured Outpatient Addictions Program (SOAP) to strengthen integration with behavioral health services and to expand its scope beyond substance use to include a more complete continuum of substance use services. This program is for people who are either just leaving detox or are in need of more support than the once-weekly Early Recovery Group can offer. It’s a 1-2 week program that not only focuses on substance use but also addresses the different areas in patients’ lives, such as mental health, physical health, employment, social supports and housing. Individual counseling sessions are also available. To learn more about SOAP, please click here to view the program flier.
- An Outpatient Treatment Group called Step Forward. Step Forward is based on the stages of change in recovery and is designed to help people who are in the pre-contemplative or contemplative stage. The goal of the group is to help patients move from beginning stages of change in recovery to goal setting and action to change. Referrals can be made by Providers, outside Providers, and by the patients themselves.
To schedule an initial appointment or to learn more about our program, please call us at 508-477-7090 ext. 3106.
Safe & empowering environment
You will find a safe place to start your recovery.
Treatment your way
We offer individual and group treatment options.
Specifically for you
We tailor treatment plans around your personal needs.